Currently, this program supports downloading transactions from Maryland's 529 College Savings plans and exporting to QIF, for import into your financial software like Quicken, Banktivity, or MoneyDance. An OFX/QFX plugin is also in the works.
- Free and open-source software: ASL2 license
- Blog: http://virantha.com/category/projects/funds_gather
- Documentation: http://virantha.github.io/funds_gather/html
- Source: https://github.com/virantha/funds_gather
- Import from web account of Maryland 529 College Savings of all accounts tied to user.
- Export to QIF file.
Right now, the functionality is fairly rudimentary, but I intend to develop this more in the months to come. Here's my todo list:
- Export to QFX/OFX (depending on what my financial software supports, it would be easier to write a plugin for XML compliant format)
- Import other types of transactions (right now, only buys are supported)
- Import other web sites
See help for now:
$ funds_gather -h Usage: funds_gather.py [options] <username> <password> all funds_gather.py [options] <username> <password> (download|qif)... funds_gather.py --conf=FILE funds_gather.py -h Arguments: username Login name password Login password all Run all steps in the flow (download,qif) download Download all transactions from accounts qif Save downloaded transactions to qif Options: -h --help show this message -v --verbose show more information -d --debug show even more information --version show version --out=FILE output filename [default: out.qif] --conf=FILE load options from file
$ pip install funds_gather
The software is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.